ElevateEdAZ prepares individuals for college and career through stronger alignment between education, business, and the community.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (Foundation) is matching businesses to schools in order to develop the future workforce at the opportune time of adolescence. The Foundation is piloting a new initiative to invite companies to more closely engage with high schools by:
It’s time to Elevate Education in Arizona!
In the current landscape of Arizona’s labor market, 68%[i] of jobs require some level of education beyond a high school diploma; yet, only 44%[ii] of Arizona’s residents receive a post-secondary education. With ElevateEdAZ, employers have the opportunity to provide time and resources to help high school students become career and college ready, allowing Arizona’s growing labor demand to benefit from a qualified workforce.
Together we will Elevate Education in Arizona through Work-Based Learning
ElevateEdAZ transforms education through three mutually reinforcing pillars:
- Teaching and learning by providing students with meaningful learning that give them the technical knowledge and skills to be successful in college, careers, and life
- The school experience by providing career development, integrating related pathways, and providing practical application through work-based learning
- Business and civic engagement by building stronger employer and civic engagement in career connected learning
Through Work-Based Learning (WBL) business can influence a generation of students, helping them to not only graduate high school but graduate on a path toward a high-wage career or high-quality degree program.
Work-Based Learning opportunities include:
- Guest Speakers
- Loaned Classroom Instructor
- Career Exploration Fair
- Career Mentors
- Teacher Externships
- Provide Learning Supplies
- Curriculum Development
- Job Shadowing
- Field Trips
- Mock Interviews
- Academy Advisory Board
- Student Internships
- Industry Certification Exam Tutors
ElevateEdAZ recently hosted a Health and Science College and Career Webinar showcasing the opportunities available within the fields of nursing, biotechnology, and pharmacy.
ElevateEdAZ in Action
The Foundation has partnered with the Phoenix Union High School District in order to pilot more strategic and impactful business engagement in local high schools. View the ElevateEdAZ partners below!